Last Updated on May 4, 2018 by David Bryan
Things to think about when having your website designed In this age of the web and digital media, it is essential to have a website for your business to let people know about your company.
However how do you know whether your website is a good one? Some business owners are faced with the dilemma of not knowing much about the web but nonetheless understand the importance of the internet and having one. The issue is that they often unintentionally pay over the odds for a website that could have been done more effectively. What you should consider:
- SEO Its all well and good having a website that looks great, but if it cant be found in search engines like Google, then the website is unlikely to generate the enquiries and business you need. Research shows that more than 8 out of 10 of us are now using search engines to find information and the products or services we want to buy. Don’t assume that all web design companies understand SEO – many in fact don’t.
- Video Having a short and friendly video on your website describing your business or products and services can help keep traffic on your site for up to 75% longer. It also gives visitors a face to your business which can help increase trust.
- Easy navigation First and foremost when looking at web design make sure that your website is easy to navigate and that all of the key information is easy for visitors to find. Research shows that if your visitor can’t find what they’re looking for in a matter of seconds you will lose them. There is no better way to lose traffic than having an annoyingly cluttered and complicated website.
- Social media Setting up social networks helps your business to develop a sense of personality which again helps to increase trust with your visitors and establish a more personal connection. Different businesses will benefit from different social networks and forms of social media marketing. Some will benefit from Twitter while others will be more suited to Facebook or YouTube – it really depends on which networks your customers are most likely to use. It is easy to integrate you Twitter and Facebook feeds into your website to provide your visitors with a real-time updates e.g. special offers or company news.
- Price – Many people believe that you have to pay thousands of pounds for a website that is optimised properly for search engines. This isn’t necessarily the case – it shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg if you do your research.
In conclusion, you should ensure that when choosing a Birmingham Web Design company you consider the all of the different aspects that will make your website successful and whether the web design company you select can cater for these. For more information on Birmingham Web Design, please contact Opace Technology Solutions Tel. 0845 017 7661 Email. [email protected]